Thursday, November 6, 2008

Why Prop 8 Makes It Awesome to Be Alive

Many see California's Proposition 8 banning gay marriage as a referendum that takes many people's rights away. Maybe that's true, but it also bestows a brand new right on the people of the country.

The right to outlaw actions that you don't like without any rational reason or compassion for others.

Don't you understand the things we can do now with this new right?

The control of others we can exercise?

I don't like hot dogs. In fact, I despise hot dogs and most other types of processed meats.

I used to have to console myself by just not eating hot dogs. By trying to ignore the masses who love the low-class delicacy. I won't even go to baseball games anymore. It always pissed me off that other people still ate hot dogs. Don't they understand that someone else enjoying that disgusting food shakes me down to my core? These hot dog eating heathens make me sick.

So anyway, now, instead of abstaining from hot dogs myself, I can just get the ingestion of hot dogs outlawed. And what makes it really great is that I don't need any REAL credible reason.

Gays have learned their lesson of doing things that others don't like. Hot dog heathens? You're next.

That's conservative small government theory for you. I love this new world where you can pick and choose what you want other people to be able to do. Its a brand new day, America. Look forward to anti-hot dog legislation, along with the banning of the color green ( its way too bright for my tastes).

Also, earlier today I stubbed my big toe on a wastebasket. There oughta be a law!!!

1 comment:

Trey said...

That is wonderful, wonderful sarcastic writing. I will admit to knowing jack about political issues, but arguing about whether two people can get married or not is hardly a political issue. In fact, in the case of gay marriage, it frankly shouldn't be an issue at all.

Any person claiming it's because of tax breaks is discriminatory. They don't want others to mooch off of the benefits solely based on that lifestyle.

While I can understand not supporting gay marriage, it seems hideously silly to be against it. Unless that person is really just creeped out by other lifestyles, in which case I think that's more that person's problem.

In short, come on California, why you gotta discriminate now?