Friday, January 9, 2009

All You Need is Hope (And $300 If You're So Kind)

About a week from the inauguration and Obama and company are still trying to hit me up for money. I believed in the campaign and I voted for the guy but that doesn't mean I need 8 e-mails a day telling me that the inauguration is supported by the little guys like me.

Great, awesome, wonderful. But the little guys like me also use their e-mail for other things like holding spam and confirming memberships to useless websites. And I'm sure David Plouffe (the campaign manager) is a nice guy but right after I get an e-mail from "Obama", I get one from him reiterating the same message, like a second crackhead landlord begging for the rent.

You won. The campaign's over. The cabinet's (mostly) picked. Instead of begging, do what you were elected to do and turn a whole generation of young people into cynics.

No comments: